ESPN is launching a new program which it hopes will better serve the millions of sports fans who participate in sports wagering. Daily Wager, a new daily sports betting news and information show, will debut on Monday, March 11th. The one-hour program will air weekdays on ESPNEWS at 6pm ET, and stream live on the ESPN App.
Daily Wager will be hosted by ESPN sports betting analyst Doug Kezirian. Kezirian will be joined by sports betting experts and ESPN analysts and reporters for conversations focused on analytics and point spreads and items affected by the day’s sports news.
“ESPN’s mission is to serve sports fans,” said Norby Williamson, ESPN Executive Vice President and Executive Editor, Studio Production. “The sports betting environment has changed and interest is increasing at unprecedented levels. ESPN is going to have a strong and vibrant presence across our platforms, and the launch of Daily Wager is the next step in what has already been underway for some time.”
Daily Wager has announced the following contributors will be part of the new program:
- “Stanford” Steve Coughlin – co-host of “Bad Beats” on SportsCenter with Scott Van Pelt,co-host of Stanford Steve and The Bear podcast and ESPN.com columnist. Former college football player who began appearing on Behind the Bets podcast during college football season in 2014. Took over as host in 2015 when the podcast became Behind the Bets, The College Years. Podcast was renamed Stanford Steve and The Bear in 2018.
- Chris “The Bear” Fallica – co-host of Stanford Steve and The Bear podcast and ESPN.com columnist. Also an avid horse racing handicapper and competitor in NHC (National Horseplayers Championship) tournaments.
- David Purdum – ESPN.com gambling industry reporter. Has covered the industry, with a focus on sports betting, for more than seven years.
- Anita Marks – Host for ESPN Radio New York 98.7 FM and ESPN Fantasy Football analyst. More than 20 years of broadcasting experience on television and radio, including football sideline reporting. Former professional football player.
- Preston Johnson – Las Vegas-based handicapper known in the industry as the “Sports Cheetah.” Has Master of Science in Sports Psychology and specializes in using analytics and game theory as a sports bettor. Has appeared on multiple media platforms to discuss sports betting.
- Joe Fortenbaugh — Co-founder of NationalFootballPost.com and morning sports talk radio show host on “95.7 The Game” in San Francisco. Also host of “The Sharp 600” sports betting podcast. Law school graduate.
- Additional voices to be named will join the show.