TSN’s 10-hour TradeCentre broadcast was Canada’s top-choice for NHL Trade Deadline Day coverage. Data for the broadcast day shows that from 8a-5p ET, TSN more than doubled the audience of its closest competitor in the key Adults 25-54 demo, and nearly doubled the audience among total viewers. Throughout the entire 10-hour broadcast between 8a-6p ET, TradeCentre produced an average audience of 159,000 viewers, and grew its younger 18-34 audience by 24% compared to 2017.
Altogether, 1.8 million viewers tuned in for some, or all, of TSN’s live broadcast. The network also led the conversation across digital and social platforms:
- TSN’s official Instagram account garnered 6.5 million TradeCentre-related impressions
- TSN’s digital and social media platforms reached 1.3 million video views throughout the day
- The network’s official Instagram story accumulated 570,398 impressions
- TSN.ca saw an 11% increase in desktop page views over 2017
- Trade Tracker was the most-viewed page on TSN.ca, close to doubling the page views of 2017
TSN was the first broadcaster to deliver comprehensive, full-day coverage of NHL Trade Deadline Day, starting in 2000.