ESPN Radio’s Mike & Mike are bringing out the heavy artillery for the upcoming NFL season. The popular morning show will offer a daily lineup of veteran football voices starting Monday September 12th according to ESPN Media Zone. The schedule includes regular appearances by Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Steve Smith Sr..
Each weekday, no fewer than three analysts will join hosts Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic to discuss and analyze the 2016 NFL and college football seasons. A 16-year NFL veteran, Smith Sr. will also contribute to Draw It Up, short, animated digital pieces on ESPN.com, in which players draw a critical play and explain it from their perspective. Smith Sr. is a five-time Pro Bowler and ranks 11th all-time on the NFL’s receiving yards list.
“I’m excited for and appreciative of this opportunity,” said Smith Sr. “What I love about Mike & Mike is that it’s a well-balanced show, and they talk about a lot of different topics. It’s not just about football or something that aims to be shock-jock radio. I definitely hold Golic and Greeny in high regard, because their programing is thoughtful, measured and entertaining.”
“The addition of Steve Smith Sr. will enhance a strong lineup of talent that will further ensure Mike & Mike as the destination for football talk on ESPN Radio and ESPN2,” said David Roberts, vice president, Network Content, ESPN Audio. “The Mike & Mike football team is deep, dynamic, and diverse. As a result, the nation’s flagship morning sports talk program will be well positioned to serve football fans with the very best coverage and programming this fall.”
Each day, Mike & Mike will regularly showcase commentators including:
- Mondays – NFL analyst Ryan Clark NFL Front Office Insider Louis Riddick and former NFL wide receiver and ESPN Radio host Tom Waddle;
- Tuesdays – Clark, NFL analyst Herm Edwards and ESPN Radio host and SEC Network contributor Paul Finebaum;
- Wednesdays – Monday Night Football analyst Jon Gruden, college football analyst Kirk Herbstreit, SEC Network analyst Booger McFarland and ESPN Radio host and college football analyst Danny Kanell. ESPN College GameDay host Rece Davis will provide college football rankings updates;
- Thursdays – Former NFL head coach Brian Billick, McFarland and NFL analyst Mark Schlereth;
- Fridays – College football analyst Joey Galloway, ESPN Radio host Mike Golic Jr., NFL analyst Ron Jaworski and NFL Insider Field Yates.
In addition, Mike & Mike will frequently feature several well-respected voices: ESPN NFL Insiders Josina Anderson, Jarrett Bell, Adam Schefter and Jim Trotter; espnW writer and The Trifecta co-host Jane McManus and NFL injury analyst Stephania Bell.
Former NFL quarterback Donovan McNabb, co-host McNabb & Custer on ESPN Radio Sunday nights at 10 p.m. ET during the fall, will visit the show throughout the season. Matthew Berry will also contribute weekly Fantasy Football updates.
His & Hers co-hosts Jemele Hill and Michael Smith will continue to appear each Wednesday, and on Thursdays, First Take’s Max Kellerman and Stephen A. Smith will join Greenberg and Golic.
Mike & Mike airs 6 – 10 a.m., Monday – Friday on ESPN2 and ESPN Radio, and can also be heard via ESPNRadio.com, the ESPN app, SiriusXM Channel 80, Apple Music, Slacker Radio and TuneIn.