“Some guys in our business thrive on making people around them uncomfortable, and I think that’s a paranoid way of doing the work!” – Petros Papadakis
Petros Papadakis is a self-proclaimed “walking contradiction.”
He’s a football player that says “in a perfect world, football wouldn’t exist.”
He’s a sports talk show host who makes fun of passionate fans.
Papadakis talks about his transition from running back at USC to radio host and a whole lot more in this edition of the PASR.
INSIDE THIS EPISODE
- How he transitioned to sports radio after playing at USC
- How he’d describe his radio show to those not familiar with it
- Defining your personality and changing with your life experiences
- Being true to who you are vs. manufacturing a personality
- When he became comfortable in his career as an on-air talent
- The reason why it’s vital to keep your staff happy and feeling valuable
- When he discovered that he had found his groove with his radio partner
- Why he listens to music and not sports talk for inspiration
- How giving out his phone # on the air has helped him
FROM THE GUEST
- Petros’ Twitter handle: @TheOldP
The Podcast About Sports Radio is proud to partner with Barrett Sports Media, home of the sports radio industry’s premier website sportsradiopd.com. For the latest sports radio news around the country, as well as insights, and opinions from Jason Barrett and some of the brightest minds in the sports radio industry, visit sportsradiopd.com.