“I just want to be the best pistachio ice cream maker for those who like pistachio ice cream.” –Bob Valvano
Italians have always been stereotyped as great storytellers. And, with ESPN Radio’s Bob Valvano, it’s no different.
Combine that with his basketball coaching resumé, his ability to be coached by others, and his continued ability to adapt to a constantly-changing medium, and you’ve got one of the longest-tenured ESPN Radio employees in the history of the company.
What’s been the secret to his success? How does he continue to stay interested? Take a listen, and as always, if you enjoy what you hear please reach out to the guest and SUBSCRIBE using the buttons above.
INSIDE THIS EPISODE
- The list of Producers who have advanced in the industry after working with Bob
- How Bob got his start in sports talk radio and ended up at ESPN Radio
- Finding your voice as a talk show host and battling topic fatigue
- Being a salesman for advertiser products
- The hosts who fascinate him and why
- Phone calls and how they impact a talk show
- His passion for The V Foundation
FROM THE GUEST
- Bob’s Twitter handle: @espnVshow
The Podcast About Sports Radio is proud to partner with Barrett Sports Media, home of the sports radio industry’s premier website sportsradiopd.com. For the latest sports radio news around the country, as well as insights, and opinions from Jason Barrett and some of the sports radio format’s brightest minds, visit sportsradiopd.com.