101 ESPN – the Pride of St. Louis Sports – has signed a five-year contract extension with the ESPN Radio Network, effective January 1, 2019. The new five-year deal coincides with the station’s 10-year anniversary. 101 ESPN officially launched on January 1, 2009.
For the past 10 years, 101 ESPN has been the undisputed live and local sports radio leader in St. Louis and around the bi-state area. The radio station’s hosts and contributors have been nominated and awarded various and numerous industry accolades, awards and recognition – including two back-to-back nominations for the prestigious National Association of Broadcasters’ Marconi Award for Sports/Talk Radio in both 2017 and 2018.
ESPN Radio Network programming available on 101 ESPN includes:
- “Sports Center” (all night, overnight)
- “First and Last” (3a-5a)
- “Golic and WIngo” (5a-7a) Monday-Friday
- “The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz” (7p-10p) (tape-delayed after “The Fastlane”)
- “Freddie and Fitzsimmons” (10p-12a)
- And various ESPN play-by-play programs and signature sports event, including MLB (Sunday Night Baseball Game of the Week, All Star Game, MLB Post Season, and World Series); NBA (regular season, All Star game, Playoffs, Conference Finals and NBA Finals); NFL games; and College Football games, College Football Playoffs and the National Championship Game.
Program Director Chris “Hoss” Neupert said, “Hubbard Radio management and the 101 ESPN team want to thank our listeners and the St. Louis community for their continued support over the last 10 years.”
Neupert continued, “Our entire team is looking forward to the strengthening of our partnership with the ESPN Radio Network, and the opportunity to offer innovative content and exclusive interviews, analysis and coverage for St. Louis’ sports fans.”