2018 is just around the corner and BSM is looking to strengthen its sports media coverage by adding additional freelance writers. If you work in the sports media business and enjoy sharing your passion, experience and creativity with others and expanding your industry network, we might have a platform for you.
When reaching out to express interest, please be sure to share your ideas on what you’d add to the website that isn’t already offered. Originality and perspectives from different areas of the industry that aren’t already presented gain more attention.
To be considered please forward your resume and a few writing samples to JBarrett@sportsradiopd.com.
Serious applicants only please!
TSN 1050 is looking for a morning show Co-Host to join Landsberg in the Morning. Under the direction of the Program Director, the On-Air Sports Host will tackle the following responsibilities:
- Co-host the morning show from 6-10am on TSN 1050
- Help create a unique, identifiable show that sets itself apart with its creativity, information and fun in the highly competitive Toronto radio market
- Deliver an engaging and entertaining performance
- Collaborate and contribute to daily segment, story and guest ideas
- Make personal / promotional appearances on behalf of the show/station in the community and on all Bell Media platforms
- Other duties as assigned.
- On-air radio experience in a major market.
- Proven knowledge of sports with an emphasis on the major Toronto sports teams
- Strong social media knowledge and engagement on multiple platforms
- Possess a thorough understanding of how to prep a show for target audiences
- Must be a motivated team player, who has excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and a strong attention to detail.
To apply for the position, click here.
ESPN 102.5 The Game in Nashville is looking for new on-air talent. A winning attitude, ability to multi-task and an understanding of social media is a must. The ideal candidates will engage the Male 25-54 audience, understand relationships and partnerships with Nashville’s sports teams and organizations, while being credible, reliable sources for news and insight on local teams, including the Nashville Predators as we are the flagship station.
You should be well rounded and knowledgeable on the NFL, SEC, NHL, etc. This individual or show will host a LIVE AND LOCAL program that reflects the image and lifestyle of Nashville and Middle Tennessee in a compelling manner. This is a perfect position for an up-and-coming host or hosts with a passion for radio, sports and Nashville in general who are looking to grow in a top 50 market.
In addition to the on air shift, the talent/host is expected to attend pre- and post- shift planning meetings, attend press conferences, team practices, attend sporting events and station events as planned, etc. Ability to engage and assist in station’s digital assets including social media and web blog posting is required.
Being locally owned, Cromwell Radio believes the ideal candidates help improve the station in 4 areas: Increase Ratings, Grow Revenue, Strengthen Station Partnerships, and help serve the Community. If you thrive on cultivating relationships with community leaders, listeners and other local constituencies, let’s hear from you.
To be considered for the opportunity send your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com.
Entercom Charlotte is looking for a Digital Program Director that directs the digital strategy and execution for WBT/WFNZ/WLNK. He/she will oversee the creation, execution and marketing of the digital sales content and promotions of all digital platforms- including but not limited to all social media efforts, websites, text campaigns, email campaigns, internet radio streams, audio on demand, E-Commerce and apps.
The digital Program Director will be responsible for making sure the programming user experience is positive by working with the Program Directors, Digital Content Managers and Promotion Directors. The Digital Program Director will be responsible for ensuring that all sales presentations include digital elements and will participate in sales and promotional planning sessions.
To apply for the position, click here.