Thu. Jul 19th, 2018

Keith Hernandez Likely Out for Fox Postseason Coverage

Andrew Marchand of the New York Post is reporting that Keith Hernandez will not be back at Fox for the network’s coverage of the Major League Baseball postseason.

While the network announced Monday a new contract for David Ortiz on its major pre- and postgame presentations, Hernandez will not be brought back. When reached by phone, Hernandez confirmed to The Post he had been told of Fox’s decision earlier Monday.

Hernandez was hired by Fox in 2017 after it parted ways with Pete Rose amid sexual misconduct allegations against the MLB hit king. Marchand notes that Hernandez may not have been in the right environment at Fox and that the network has not made their plans to replace Hernandez during its postseason coverage public just yet.

On a set with Ortiz, Alex Rodriguez and Frank Thomas, Hernandez often didn’t get to show the full extent of his personality. It appears Hernandez is either going to be replaced by a current player from a team that fails to qualify for the playoffs or not at all, a source said.

SNY remains in the Keith Hernandez business. He will still be a part of that network’s New York Mets broadcasts. Hernandez’s book I am Keith Hernandez is still doing well. Hernandez claims it is in its fifth printing. So there is no need to weep for Mex.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.