With a lineup that offers over 30,000 sporting events, fuboTV is a sports-centric streaming service. SI TV will be added to the platform’s “Sports Plus” package which includes 54 channels that carry sports such as NFL Red Zone, FNTSY Sports Network and GolTV.
“The opportunity to expand our distribution for the first time to linear TV with premier provider fuboTV is an incredible moment for our network,” said Josh Oshinsky, head of programming for SI TV at Meredith Corporation. “Now even more TV-watching sports lovers will have access to content that has Sports Illustrated’s unparalleled storytelling, perspective and access. From original documentaries to studio shows to beloved sports-related acquired movies and shows, fuboTV’s subscribers can rely on SI TV for the most compelling sports stories, interviews, analysis and entertainment.”
Some of SI TV’s original content include the following:
- “The Vault”: A look back at some of the biggest stories to appear in Sports Illustrated during its 63-year history through new interviews.
- “SI: Under the Cover”: Athlete profiles and interviews from current magazine issues.
- “The Crossover”: A basketball show with SI.com writers Matt Dollinger and Rohan Nadkarni discussing players, games, culture, fashion and memes.
- “Planet Futbol”: Soccer writer Grant Wahl, explores the sport around the globe with guests from Europe and the Americas.
- “The Line” (working title): Sports wagering and daily fantasy sports.
Movies available through SI TV will rotate during the year, usually being relevant to the current season, such as Bull Durhamand Eight Men Out for the beginning of baseball.
The Fubo Premier base package costs subscribers $19.99 for the first month and $44.99 each month after. SI TV is available in Fubo’s “Sports Plus” package, which requires an additional monthly cost of $8.99. SI TV on its own can be purchased for $4.99 per month via Amazon Channels.