The spring ratings book is in for Omaha, Nebraska and the results skewed heavily in favor of 1620 The Zone. The radio station finished 3rd with Men 25-54 in both the M-F 6a-7p and M-SU 6a-Mid categories. The station also performed in the Top 5 with Men 18-34 and Men 18-49 and were 9th with Adults 25-54, a strong showing that surely has to satisfy its sponsors and local sales team.
In the show by show comparisons in the market, The Zone won head to head in every space opposite local rival AM 590 ESPN. Since some of the timeslots are arranged differently than the traditional rated ones of 6a-10a, 10a-3p, 3p-7p, we included those numbers as well.
The Men 25-54 breakdowns:
- 1620 The Zone = 6.6 (3rd)
- 590 ESPN = 1.9 (16th)
- 1620 The Zone = 8.2 (3rd)
- 590 ESPN = 1.6 (16th)
- 1620 The Zone (Sharp and Benning) = 7.2 (5th)
- 590 ESPN (Mike & Mike/Dan Le Batard) = 2.1 (12th)
- 1620 The Zone (Nick Bahe) = 9.4 (2nd)
- 590 ESPN (Dan Le Batard/Russillo & Kanell) = 1.5 (16th)
- 1620 The Zone (Unsportsmanlike Conduct w/ Bishop & Peterson) = 9.6 (1st)
- 590 ESPN (Omaha Sports Insider w/ Quinn & Handley) = 1.0 (20th)
- 1620 The Zone = 6.3 (5th)
- 590 ESPN = 2.8 (9th)
- 1620 The Zone = 9.0 (2nd)
- 590 ESPN = 1.3 (17th)
- 1620 The Zone = 8.8 (1st)
- 590 ESPN = 1.4 (17th)
Under The Radar:
- Tim Benz announced via his Facebook page that he’ll be working as host and program director of a new venture called DK Sports Radio in Pittsburgh. Benz says that the brand is one of the fastest growing outlets for Pittsburgh sports content and his program will be heard on DKPittsburghSports.com beginning Monday August 1st.
- “The Huge Show’ with Bill Simonson has a new Executive Producer. Brett Muller spent the past 15 years with the show and is moving on. To fill his void, the program has added Grand Rapids native Matt Haan. Bill says “He has shown me the ability to handle what the show needs on and off the air, and he has a lot of the same qualities that made me believe in Brett over the past 15 years.”
- Talk Radio 910 in San Francisco is finished. Parent company iHeart has elected to drop its News/Talk programming on 910AM in favor of ESPN Deportes. ESPN Deportes had previously aired on KTRB 860-AM.
- 610 The Fan in Charlotte has added an FM translator. As part of the FM addition the radio station is now branding itself on-air as 610AM, 102.5 The Fan.