In late April, the New York Daily News reported that Trent Dilfer and ESPN were expected to file for divorce from one another. Issues over money were said to divide the two parties.
But, time heals all wounds, and now two months later, the worldwide leader in sports, and one of its best NFL analysts have come to terms on a new agreement which will keep the former NFL Quarterback involved in the network’s NFL coverage, and expand his role into the Sunday NFL Countdown program.
Dilfer told TheMMQB.com that reports of his departure from ESPN were untrue. He added that he’s been under contract, and will be next year as well, in fact, expanding his role to include contributions to Monday Night Countdown and Sunday NFL Countdown.
Neither side had denied the reports that a split was inevitable over the past two months, which indicates that there was smoke to the fire that the New York Daily News had been investigating. In the end though, a deal was secured.