“Always remember, you have not made it until you have been fired at least twice.” – Amy Lawrence
Amy Lawrence loved watching Larry Bird. And when she couldn’t watch Larry Bird on television every night, where did she turn? Radio.
And the love affair began, although the industry didn’t always love her back.
Lawrence’s affinity for play-by-play helped her find a talent she didn’t know she had right away, sports talk hosting.
Lawrence, now an overnight host on CBS Sports Radio, gets into all of that and a whole lot more in part 1 of our interview on The PASR.
INSIDE THIS EPISODE
- Growing up in New Hampshire listening to Celtics games on the radio
- The influence her mother had on her growing up
- Learning how to create a resume and apply for a job
- Understanding what sacrifices must be made to make it
- The various jobs she’s had prior to CBS Sports Radio
- Making the decision to leave ESPN for CBS Sports Radio
FROM THE GUEST
- Amy’s Twitter handle: @ALawRadio
The Podcast About Sports Radio is proud to partner with Barrett Sports Media, home of the sports radio industry’s premier website sportsradiopd.com. For the latest sports radio news around the country, as well as insights, and opinions from Jason Barrett and some of the brightest minds in the sports radio industry, visit sportsradiopd.com.