“I’m Jewish, and Jewish families argue. That’s what we do. Especially about sports. All of our statements are facts. You can dispute them but they’re still facts from our perspective.” – Doug Gottlieb
Doug Gottlieb is almost literally the most traveled man in basketball and sports media combined. He transitioned from a point guard on the basketball court (including a momentous riff with one of his coaches, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar) to point guard on the radio, and has done it on the national stage for two well established radio groups.
Along with his TV work as a studio analyst, with what is arguably the most renowned college basketball TV studio show, The Road To The Final Four on CBS, Gottlieb has made quite the rounds.
Doug talks about those rounds and how he got to where he is in the industry now in this episode of The PASR. Be advised, this is Part 1 of our conversation. Part 2 will be released on Wednesday March 9th.
INSIDE THIS EPISODE
- Making a transition from playing sports to talking sports
- Working in local radio at The Sports Animal in Oklahoma City
- Playing College Basketball for Oklahoma State
- Not seeing eye to eye with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- How a friendship with Brandon Krisztal paid dividends
- Capturing the attention of ESPN Radio and ESPN TV
- How working the NBA Draft show helped elevate his profile
FROM THE GUEST
- Doug’s Twitter handle: @GottliebShow
The Podcast About Sports Radio is proud to partner with Barrett Sports Media, home of the sports radio industry’s premier website sportsradiopd.com. For the latest sports radio news around the country, as well as insights, and opinions from Jason Barrett and some of the brightest minds in the sports radio industry, visit sportsradiopd.com.