“I do love LIVE television and radio because it’s like playing in the game. I love that pressure.” – Sean Salisbury
Former NFL quarterback Sean Salisbury has hit rock bottom and bounced back. Among his continuous means of therapy: hanging with his kids, picking up a homeless man and letting the man live with him…and sports radio!
He’s an open book and that might be as powerful an asset for him in sports radio as his days in the NFL were.
INSIDE THIS EPISODE
- How he transitioned from playing football to entering the sports media industry
- Broadcasting on the sidelines during the USC-Texas National Title game
- What he loves most about working in sports talk radio
- The challenge of doing a local and national show each day
- Why self-deprecation and confidence are important to a talk show host
- How taking in a homeless man changed his life for the better
FROM THE GUEST
- Sean’s Twitter handle: @SeanUnfiltered
The Podcast About Sports Radio is proud to partner with Barrett Sports Media, home of the sports radio industry’s premier website sportsradiopd.com. For the latest sports radio news around the country, as well as insights, and opinions from Jason Barrett and some of the sports radio format’s brightest minds, visit sportsradiopd.com.