“Celebrating the awkwardness or the tense moments and having a little bit of a self-deprecating kind of approach to those types of things–I think it helps you connect with the audience more.” – Jeff “Skin” Wade
105.3 The Fan’s Skin Wade has one of the most creative sports radio shows in the country. Teamed with co-host Ben Rogers on the Dallas afternoon radio show, it’s likely you will hear something nearly completely different than you’ll hear on most stations around the country.
And being different is one of the many things that Wade is proud of his show for.
Check out more of the show notes below to get a feel for what you will hear in this edition of The PASR. I hope you enjoy and, as always, leave a comment to get out anything that this podcast had you thinking along the way.
INSIDE THIS EPISODE…
- Skin talks about how he got that nickname. [1:24]
- Skin explains the berth of their radio show. [2:34]
- Skin describes the Ben & Skin show to listeners who have never heard it. [8:11]
- Skin explains why their interviewing is different. [11:31]
- Skin gives an interviewing story that proves that taking chances might whiff, but it still “works.” [14:54]
- Skin explains the importance of social media. [20:08]
- Skin talks about what the keys are to a long, successful run with the same radio partner [21:34]
- Skin tells a story of how one program director wanted to break Ben & Skin up. [22:54]
- Skin explains what makes a producer successful. [24:01]
- Skin gives who he thinks is great at radio. [25:31]
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE…
FROM THE GUEST
- Skin Wade on Twitter: @skinwade
- Skin’s partner, Ben, on Twitter: @BenRogers
- Ben & Skin Show on Twitter: @BenAndSkin
- Ben & Skin Show at 105.3 The Fan
- Audible: I know you love audio. So I teamed up with Audible and if you haven’t already, you can grab an awesome audiobook from their enormous library of over 180,000 titles for FREE. Go to aboutsportsradio.com/audible.**
- Here’s some bonus audio that we left off the podcast just for you junkies. Bonus Audio with Skin Wade.